How To Select The Best In The Ear (ITE) Hearing Aids
Are you or someone you know experiencing hearing loss? If so, you might be curious about the different types of hearing aids on the market.
In-the-ear (ITE) hearing aids are one popular option. In this article, we explore the pros and cons of ITE hearing aids, who can benefit from them, and tips for selecting the best model for your needs.
Keep reading to learn more about ITE hearing aids and how to choose the best one for you.
How do in-the-ear (ITE) hearing aids work?
The way hearing aids work is simple. While advanced ITE hearing aids may include additional parts, they always have one or two microphones, an amplifier, and a loudspeaker.
The microphone picks up noise and converts it into electrical signals. The electrical signals adjust based on the degree of your hearing loss and the environment around you. The amplifier changes the volume to a suitable level and then plays over the loudspeaker. These parts all work together to deliver crisp, clear sound to you.
What are the pros and cons of ITE hearing aids?
With all the different types of hearing aids on the market, it can be hard to pick which is best for you. Here are some of the biggest pros and cons of in-the-ear hearing aids.
- Discrete — One of the biggest perks is how disguised it is. ITE hearing aids are not visible from the back. They also come in varying skin shades to blend into your ear.
- Comfortable — In-ear aids are often specially molded to fit your unique shape, reducing discomfort and the chance of falling out.
- Compatible with glasses — With nothing on the outside of your ear, you can wear your glasses as usual. It will not affect the positioning or comfort of either.
- Higher maintenance — Since these listening devices go inside your ear, they will need cleaning more often to prevent earwax buildup. They also require more repairs and maintenance than other aids.
- More susceptible to feedback — With the microphone and receiver being close together, knocking the ITE hearing aid out of place can lead to an unpleasant, piercing noise known as feedback.
Who benefits from ITE hearing aids?
The design of in-the-ear hearing aids muffles natural sound, so their function best accommodates moderate to severe hearing loss.
ITE hearing aids are excellent for people with small ears who have trouble keeping behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aids in place. However, this type of hearing aid is not recommended for children since they would have to replace it as they grow.
Available in your natural skin tone, ITE hearing aids are ideal for those looking to hide their listening device. You may also find this type most comfortable if you have an oxygen tube or prescription glasses since it doesn’t sit behind the ear as alternative options do.
What are tips for selecting the best ITE hearing aids?
When it comes to choosing ITE hearing aids, there are several factors to consider to find the best fit for your individual needs. Here are some tips to help guide you in your decision-making process:
- Speak with a hearing specialist: A professional audiologist can help you determine what type of hearing aids will be most helpful for your specific hearing loss and lifestyle.
- Conduct extensive research: Compare different brands, types, and functions of hearing aids to find the one that will best meet your needs.
- Consider ongoing maintenance costs: In addition to the initial price of the hearing aids, make sure to factor in the cost of maintenance and support to keep them functioning properly over time.
- Ask about a trial period: Many hearing aid providers offer a trial period so you can test out the device before committing to a purchase.
- Consider your lifestyle: If you are a social person who enjoys being in noisy environments, look for hearing aids with advanced features that can help filter out background noise.
- Separate convenience vs. necessity: Some features may be more convenient than necessary for your daily life, so make sure to weigh the benefits of different features against their cost and functionality.
- Figure out your budget: Set a budget for your hearing aids, and then prioritize which features and functions are most important for you to have in your device. Explore financing options that may be available.
How much do ITE hearing aids cost?
In-the-ear hearing aids vary in cost depending on how advanced the technology is.
In-the-ear hearing aids have a wide range of prices. ITC hearing aids usually cost up to $6,000 for a pair. The main things that make a hearing aid expensive are the sophistication of the device and the services that help choose, fit, adjust, and take care of the device.
With hearing aids, the more you spend the more you get. Some offer improved sound quality, battery life, and range, while others offer additional features or more extensive warranty coverage. It’s important to consider how price influences the quality and how various lifestyles and levels of hearing loss ultimately determine the best options. Our hearing experts can help you evaluate options based on different budgets and hearing needs.
What are the best in-ear hearing aids?
To cut your to-do list, we have compiled a list of the best in-ear hearing aids in the market. These all provide excellent sound quality, have raving reviews, and have sought-after features.
Starky Evolv AI
The Starky Evolv AI series showcases 2-way audio, full customizability, health technology, effortless listening, tap and remote control, and edge mode. The Evolv AI is Bluetooth-compatible with iOS devices and 35+ Android devices. It’s offered in a full range of styles and is available in 4 different technology levels:
- Starkey Evolv AI 1200 – Essential
- Starkey Evolv AI 1600 – Advanced
- Starkey Evolv AI 2000 – Premium
- Starkey Evolv AI 2400 – Ultimate
Signia Insio Charge & Go
The Signia Insio Charge features a discreet design, custom-tailoring, hands-free calling, rechargeable, Signia assistant, and augmented focus:
Signia Active / Active Pro X
The Signia Active and Active Pro X are discreet hearing aids that are both Bluetooth connected & rechargeable. With an innovative ‘earbud’ design, the Active Pro and Active Pro X hearing aids are intended for users who want a more modern-looking hearing aid, without sacrificing the key features:
Phonak Vitro Paradise
Phonak Paradise Virto hearing aids combine discretion, a powerful PRISM chip, custom fit, personalized noise canceling, remote support, crisp natural sound, brilliant speech understanding, connects to smartphones, TVs, and more. Here are some of their top models:
- Phonak Virto Paradise P30
- Phonak Virto Paradise P50
- Phonak Virto Paradise P70
- Phonak Virto Paradise P90
How do you buy ITE hearing aids?
At Yes Hearing, your comfort and happiness are our top priorities. Picking the perfect hearing aid is simple and convenient with our help.
We provide a free 30-minute phone consultation with caring specialists. Our hearing professionals are determined to help you find the perfect ITE hearing aids.
Choose from top brands at up to 40% off the normal retail pricing with free personalized, local, and in-home hearing care. Say Yes to life’s best moments and book a consultation with a Yes Hearing specialist today!
Subscribe to our mailing list
Be the first to hear about latest news, content, and more by subscribing to our mailing list. Check your inbox for a confirmation email!